Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Summer details

This summery bouquet is filled with 'vendella' roses, lime green cymbidium orchids, mini green hydrangea and thistle.  I love the simplicity of this bouquet with the touches of nature.  I added raw silk ribbon with French knots for a little touch of detail and texture.  Their are so many fabulous natural ribbons and even twine that we have available this year!  I've always felt like the boutonnieres should be just as detailed as any bouquet I could ever make.  But, yet still simple, understated and masculine.  After all, what guy wants to wear a bunch of greens and filler on his jacket?!

We traveled to Atlanta showrooms in January and selected some of the most hard to find trinkets.  Including incredible silk ribbons, natural wooden containers made from recycled barn wood, crystal covered leaves which we'll use on tables for added texture and interest and a ton of fabulous containers for that truly unique centerpiece that no one will have ever seen!  I'm so excited to design with all the goodies we bought!  I was like a kid in a candy store... really, it was SO fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment