Friday, December 17, 2010

How the creative process works

By: Jessica Robinson

Each day our lives are surrounded and emerged with love and passion for what we do.  Which really is the cool part, because we don't really have a job....we do what we love. 
Just last night, I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about a new store possibility with the release of one of my books.  I'm constantly thinking outside the box and my wheels in my mind are turning endlessly.  One of my books is a book about New England farms and it's filled with heirloom recipes from both of our families.  It's such a wonderful book, I'm sure many people would love it as an addition to their kitchen.  So sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night and feel a great sense of urge to pick up my laptop and write, search google and so on.

I keep note pads on my night stand, in the kitchen and on our coffee table, just waiting for that creative thought that I just HAVE to write down.  I come up with new table designs by looking at fashion, the great outdoors and random things in our world.  Snow gracefully falling onto the ground from the great sky above gives me a sense of wonderfully decorated winter wonderland tables, candles glowing and fireplaces crackling.  With each different season (thankfully we live in New England) there are wonderful changes. 

I hope that the new year brings blessings to all.  We are grateful for all of our past clients and all the future clients we work with.  I hope we will inspire you to create something fabulous for your wedding, a great dinner party or any family gathering.  Simplicity or over the top, we love it all!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful person, Jess!! I can't wait until your book comes out and I buy a copy and can show up at your front door with book in hand to get an autograph! I love reading EVERYTHING you write! You are so creative and have such a beautiful imagination. Miss you tons and can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete