Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back from vacation

By: Jessica Robinson

We're back from our much needed vacation and rested up a bit.  We're working on a few styled shoots for this fall and winter.  I'm dying to see the new copy of Well Wed magazine that is set to come out any day now. 

The garden did me good while we were away.  I got back to lots of ripe corn ready to harvest, juicy heirloom tomatoes and crisp cucumbers.  Summer salads are on our table this week, with some fresh mozzarella pieces.  Summer brings us lots to look forward to in the fall.  Days are warm and start to get cool as we stretch into autumn.  Oh and the kids go back to school.  Most moms are jumping for joy at this time of year!  So I'm now thinking I'll start jotting down a few notes and possibly write a children's book or two.  I do most of my writing during the winter, with my toes toasty warm next to our fireplace and a big cup of hot chocolate.  The snow that falls from the sky inspires me.  I take an occasional break to shovel the sidewalks and bring in some more firewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment