Tuesday, November 30, 2010

December is upon us

By: Jessica Robinson

December brings cold, glistening snow falling from the New England sky and family time.  I love this time of year!  Almost every night, I haul in firewood from out back and enjoy some quiet time near the warm glow of the fireplace. 

Right now, I'm working on making my proposal for The New England Kitchen perfect in order for it to be shown to publishers.  It's a wonderful book filled with heirloom recipes from our families and many recipes created right in our own kitchen.  Writing a book is a huge task!  I decided to write the wedding book first, then had this bright idea (with Scott's help) to write the kitchen book.  So with the winter, we have less weddings and I have more time to write.  I love being completely lost in my thoughts, with my toes in cozy fuzzy socks resting on the coffee table and the fireplace a glow.  I write at night, so my day is filled with the normal tasks of the business.  Of course, right now... we've been fixing walls, getting ready to paint and trying to get electricians to hang chandeliers, etc. at the new studio space.  More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment